Who is Litmus?
We’re a tight-knit team that’s passionate about helping the world make email better. We’re lucky to work alongside some of the smartest people in our industry, all while serving the most creative and supportive customers around. We’ve built a team that does great work and has an awesome time doing it.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
Litmus is used by major global brands, including 9 of the top 10 technology companies, 9 of the top 10 U.S. banks, 10 of the top 10 retailers, 9 of the top 10 e-commerce brands, and 80% of the Fortune 100.
What would I do at Litmus?
The Senior Director of People Operations will be responsible for successfully leading a proactive People Operations team and foster a thriving culture at Litmus. This team member will have strong knowledge and practical experience across the spectrum of human resource-related functions and will be a respected resource for all People Operation matters. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Be a hands-on leader with grit, high EQ, excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to get things done.
- Utilize a true HR generalist background with the breadth and depth of progressive experience to build and scale the People Operations organization and its functions to support the evolving needs of a dynamic company.
- Successfully manage, mentor and develop the People Operations team.
- Create, implement, and maintain policies and procedures that support HR best practices.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations in all functional employment areas for a global workforce.
- Implement and maintain best-in-class systems to scale the People Operations function and infrastructure, improve efficiency, and deliver consistent reporting and visibility to senior leadership.
- Partner with our recruitment team to help build and maintain a data-driven approach toward talent acquisition. Demonstrated ability to attract, hire and retain top talent.
- Collaborate with our Legal team to develop internal communications strategies and programs.
- Translate strategic business objectives into operational plans with a “people first” mindset.
- Create an environment of accountability based on structured performance management, with standardized processes that balance equity and incentive across all levels of the organization.
- Oversee a culture that equally supports a mix of remote and office-based employees.
- Collaborate with, and advise management on, career development best practices, including employee assessments, strategies to communicate strengths and opportunities for growth, and how to personalize training and education programs for employees at all levels of the organization.
- Develop and implement programs that foster strong employee engagement.
- Demonstrate dedication to building and maintaining a strong Diversity, Equity and Inclusion program that is a core tenet of our “people first” culture.
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- 12+ years of broad-based HR experience, with at least 3 years leading an HR function at a high growth technology organization
- Prior management experience and passion for developing others.
- Functional expertise across the majority (if not all) areas of HR, including Organizational Design, Workforce Planning, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Talent and Performance Management, Employee Experience, Learning and Development, Benefits and Compensation, and Employee Relations.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance culture where the business is constantly evolving.
- Proven experience in influencing HR strategy and programs based on business needs.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator.
- Ability to build trust at all organizational levels and work collaboratively to solve problems.
- Ability to think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest short and long-term solutions as appropriate.
- Strong project management skills with exceptional attention to detail and discipline to organize and prioritize.
- Must be able to deal with most confidential data on a regular basis and need the highest level of personal integrity and discretion.